"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters—the one represents danger and the other represents opportunity"
- John F Kennedy
There is danger is being unprepared or under-prepared for a recall or other food safety related crisis like a social media incident that could damage your brand within minutes…..
Yet there is great opportunity in being prepared before a recall or crisis strikes.
Are you confident your recall team, procedures and systems work together synergistically and are integrated in a strategic enterprise risk management (ERM) approach?
- Is your recall plan updated for new requirements found in new regulations, such as the Food Safety Modernization Act?
- Do you understand your regulatory reporting requirements?
- Have you defined the people and process to conduct a meaningful health hazard evaluation?
- Are the recall classifications and your recall teams clearly defined?
- How will product be retrieved or disposed in a manner that does not create a new food safety risk?
- Do you have a social media strategy that is both proactive and ready to respond to within minutes to a food safety related crisis?
- What is your communications and PR plan in recall involving food-borne illness outbreaks?
NRS can help with these topics and more.
- Recall Simulations: Test your programs in a time of calm so you have confidence they work in a time of crisis.
- Recall Response: When crisis strikes – NRS is here to help advise its clients on the regulations and most effective and practical recall strategies given the products, distribution channels and public health risk.
- Post-Mortem Recall Reviews: NRS will lead a facilitated session with key members and support personnel participating in your recall within (ideally 4-6 weeks post-recall) to illicit what went well, where there are opportunities for increased effectiveness, and share our industry experience and best practices in order to perfect your recall procedures for the future.